Chamber Music (Trios, Quartets, Quintets)
Monday 3:00-4:00, 4:00-5:00, and 5:00-6:00 pm (three class times available)
14 Weeks of Coaching and Performances
No Audition Required
(To ensure enrollment and formation of ensembles registration must be received by September 4, 2020)
Our Chamber Music Program is designed for intermediate and advanced middle and high school students, who are interested in advancing their skills in playing chamber music and learning in a safe environment.
The program utilizes sequentially graded standard repertoire coached by NSA’s knowledgeable faculty. Joining a chamber music ensemble is one of the most rewarding experiences for a young musician. Chamber music players enjoy collaboration with colleagues while playing an independent part and exploring new repertoire.
This program has been specially formed to help the students in the community in CCSD, private and charter schools by creating a safe physical and learning environment. No ensemble will be larger than 5 members. Ensembles will be coached on weekly basis and learn a carefully selected repertoire based on the ensemble’s ability. Pre -formed groups are welcome to join.
“Hearing and watching a small group of performers in a small setting as they communicate through the power of music is a thrilling experience that defies boundaries of age, culture, or educational background. Everyone owes it to themselves to experience the power of chamber music!”-Chamber Music Network of Cincinnati (www.chambermusicnetwork.org)
COVID-19 Precautions for Group Classes and Ensembles
- If a parent, student, or faculty member is not feeling well, please DO NOT enter NSA
- Masks are required for all that enter NSA buildings
- Hands must be sanitized before touching any door handles
- Social distancing will be observed: Large Ensembles will be in the Auditorium, smaller groups (ex. Quartets) will be in the rehearsal rooms and recital room
- Faculty will disinfect surfaces before and after each student
- Certain group classes may have online options