“Music Magic” 2019-2020
A Music Competition Sponsored By
I. CONTEST THEME
Walker Furniture is calling for entries to a music competition entitled “Music Magic.” We invite NSA students to explore unique ways to use music as a tool for expression and creativity.
- All NSA music students ages (11-18) are eligible to participate.
- Junior Level ages 11-14; Senior Level ages 15-18
- All styles of music are acceptable
- One entry per student.
- Music selections are not to exceed (10) minutes
- All entries must be presented in an original format (no cuts or alterations) *All entries must include a video recording of the selected repertoire (MPEG, MPG, MP4, MP3, OGG, MOV, AVI files) with piano accompaniment.
- All entries must indicate within the filename or will be disqualified
- Title of the piece –Composer/Title/Movement
- Student’s name
- Educator’s name
III. SUBMITTING ENTRIES
- Deadline: Must be received by Thursday, October 24, 2019
- NSA Entries should be sent to:
- Shakeh Ghoukasian –Artistic Director
- Please identify the title of the contest “Music Magic” on the outside of the mailing envelope
- Or email to: Shakeh.Ghoukasian@nevadaschoolofthearts.org
- Winners’ performances will be celebrated in a public forum
A panel of judges from NSA will select the finalists. Judging will take place the week of November 4-8, 2019. Awards will be used for NSA school tuition.
- 1st place: $200
- 2nd place: $100
- 3rd place: $50
- 1st place: $300
- 2nd place: $150
- 3rd place: $75
Teacher of the student who receives first place will receives a $250 Walker Furniture gift certificate.