Vivace – NSA Violin Ensemble
Mondays 4:00-5:30 pm at NSA
Currently Not Offered
Violin students must audition to enroll in this class and be recommended by their teacher. It is open to high school and middle school students. The class concentrates on ensemble playing skills, study of standard violin repertoire and performance skills. Opportunities to perform and study with nationally known artists and pedagogues are presented during the year. The students have the opportunity to study and interact with their peers in a friendly, yet disciplined atmosphere.
Nevada School of the Arts Violin Repertory Ensemble has been a “show case” for the school for more than twenty years. The Advanced Violin Ensemble has been featured at three, by invitation only, national music educator’s conferences including the 2003 Chicago Midwest Clinic, the 2005 American String Teachers National conference and the 2006 Suzuki Association of the Americas Conference. All of the violinists from this award-winning ensemble have gone on to make wonderful contributions to society and have become exemplary human beings.
COVID-19 Precautions for Group Classes and Ensembles
- If a parent, student, or faculty member is not feeling well, please DO NOT enter NSA
- Masks are required for all that enter NSA buildings
- Hands must be sanitized before touching any door handles
- Social distancing will be observed: Large Ensembles will be in the Auditorium, smaller groups (ex. Quartets) will be in the rehearsal rooms and recital room
- Faculty will disinfect surfaces before and after each student
- Certain group classes may have online options